9.02.2009

Movies Coming Out this Fall that Make Me Pity the State of the Industry

I did a list of movies that I am excited about coming out this fall, and I thought it would be fun to do a list of movies where I'm tired of seeing the trailers because, let's face it, they probably aren't going to get very far. Normally, I don't do orders, but today, I ordered them by 1) most stupid to 5) hopefully not stupid, but let's not hold our breaths:


Fall 2009 Films that I wouldn't want to pay more than $1 For:


1. Sorority Row


Remember Prom Night? Yeeeah. Not only does this look like the same plot, but it looks just as stupid. The only thing that would make me want to go is knowing that I get to see some sorority bitches get shanked.



2. The Wolfman (I know, I know, this one isn't coming out until February, but I still have to sit through the trailer every time I go to the movie so I'm counting it as Fall)


Bad CGI, bad acting, and a plot that's been done before. Sounds like a winner!



3. New Moon

Bad CGI, bad acting, and a plot that everyone who sees it knows the ending to. Oh and don't forget about having to go to the theatre and be surrounded by twelve year olds with "I Love Edward" shirts on.



4. 2012


I am so sick of "end of the world" movies. Can't they think of anything more creative? Armageddon was good. Independence Day was good. Then we saw War of the Worlds, Cloverfield, I am Legend, The Day the Earth Stood Still, The Day After Tomorrow, etc. It's been done. We've moved on. Get over it.



5. Avatar


I want to get excited about this movie- I really do. James Cameron is a genius. But I've seen the trailer about ten times and I still can't figure out what the fuck it's about. That worries me. I can understand viewing a teaser put out for fans that doesn't explain much. But this is the trailer I saw in the movie theatre. Honestly, all I can guess right now is that it's about people who are made into fish people. And when you look at it that way, it sounds kind of stupid.



****Okay, so looking at this list, I realize that these are all sci-fi/ horror. I don't want you to think that I don't like these genres. That's totally wrong- I'm a horror geek and I love sci-fi (I am totally psyched about Zombieland and Jennifer's Body), although sometimes I can admit that I like low-budget horror movies more. I can't help it that these all look shitty. It's a good thing the number of movies coming out this fall that look good outnumber those on this list.


Let the suckfest begin. 


Peace!


The Movie Mistress


No comments:

Post a Comment