8.20.2009

Songs That Should Go in Movie Scenes: Part III

No introduction this time. Let's rock this shit.

Opening Credit Scenes:

1. "Prince Charming" by Adam and the Ants
2. "Thrash Unreal" by Against Me
3. "Grace Kelly" by Mika
4. "Love Today" by Mika
5. "Lucky" by Jason Mraz ft. Colby Caillet
6. "New Soul" by Yael Naim
7. "Fly Me to the Moon" by Frank Sinatra
8. "Fat Lip" by Sum 41
9. "Last of the American Girls" by Green Day
10. "Saw Red" by Sublime

Okay, so I realize that two of those are both by Mika, but I just couldn't resist adding both of them to the list because I can totally see them both as beginnings to films. I also have a weird feeling that I've seen a movie where "Fat Lip" is the opening song and that's the reason I like it, but I can't think of if that's true. If it is, will someone please let me know? This is supposed to be an exercise for what could be or what should be, not what is (that's no fun). Opening credits are just so much fun to do (I mean, they set the mood for the ENTIRE movie- that's a lot of pressure, you know?), so I felt I had to include this list.

Feel free to post with your fave opening songs/ potential songs. I will make a playlist later. I also think I might post a list with my favorite existing opening credit sequences. That will be after this series, though. I like to feel like I've completed something.

Peace!

The Movie Mistress

UPDATE: Music brought to you by...

No comments:

Post a Comment