8.17.2009

Songs That Should Go in Movie Scenes: Part I

Ok, so, if you haven't been able to tell by now, I'm obsessed with background music in movies. Actually, putting music in films is my favorite part of making a film (I was originally going to be a production major before I changed my mind), and I seriously normally have all the music in mind in advance of shooting (or drawing- that's been the case twice now). So I'm going to embark on several different lists of the best songs I think should be in different types of scenes. To start with everyone's favorite:

Sex Scenes

1. "You Can Make Me Feel Bad" by the Shocking Pinks
2. "Lust" by The Raveonettes
3. "Masters in China" by Priscilla Ahn
4. "Laugh I Nearly Died" by the Rolling Stones
5. "Supermassive Black Hole" by Muse
6. "Sway" by Voxtrot
7. "Come Out and Play" by The Offspring
8. "The Only Ones Who Know" by The Arctic Monkeys
9. "Get Over It" by OK Go
10. "Speaking In Tongues" by Eagles of Death Metal

Now, this is a verrry varied list. To me, it all depends on how you cut the scene, and judging by the order of songs on the list, you can I tell I am a bigger fan of slow, artsy sex scenes (often cut with no sound except for music, which is what make music so important) such as the scene with Vera Farmiga and Leonardo di Caprio in The Departed, than I am of scenes meant to be light such as the one between Kirsten Dunst and Jamie Dornan (who played Count Ferson) in Marie Antoinette. Both types fit different movies, however, which is why I included a variety of music on the list. I will update later with a music player so you can listen.

Have a song that you think should go into a sex scene in a movie? Comment, please! It's fun to see what different people's opinions are or if you've ever played the game, "If I made a movie..."

UPDATE:

No comments:

Post a Comment